Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I was involved in an accident where the person who cut me

Customer Question
off was cited for an...
I was involved in an accident where the person who cut me off was cited for an illegal turn and cause the accident that cost me thousands.'I contacted her insurance company and they said they couldnt do anything, also my insurance company said the same because I only had liability, none of either insurance companies came out to evaluate the damages, my insurance said it wasnt worth going after ? I am the victim here, and make things worse the wrecker yard where my car was stored sold it without my permission, the wrecker company said they sent a registered letter to my address but it never came, I am $7,000.00 out of pocket through rental cars and the loss off my car, and time off work trying to sort this mess out.
This was last year in november, I am running out of time to file this claim
I am at present working in Texas, and my contract here doesnt end till march of next year what can we do ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
10/14/2016
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon what you shared above, you would have to go after her personally and sue her, for the damages suffered. If she did not have coverage, to make your whole for the damages, then you can go after and sue. Her insurance company is not going to pay for and cover something that she does not have coverage for, so in this case, she can be personally liable, if she is at fault.

Tina, Lawyer