How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was involved in an accident where the person who cut me

Customer Question

I was involved in an accident where the person who cut me off was cited for an illegal turn and cause the accident that cost me thousands.'I contacted her insurance company and they said they couldnt do anything, also my insurance company said the same because I only had liability, none of either insurance companies came out to evaluate the damages, my insurance said it wasnt worth going after ? I am the victim here, and make things worse the wrecker yard where my car was stored sold it without my permission, the wrecker company said they sent a registered letter to my address but it never came, I am $7,000.00 out of pocket through rental cars and the loss off my car, and time off work trying to sort this mess out.
This was last year in november, I am running out of time to file this claim
I am at present working in Texas, and my contract here doesnt end till march of next year what can we do ?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 months ago.

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon what you shared above, you would have to go after her personally and sue her, for the damages suffered. If she did not have coverage, to make your whole for the damages, then you can go after and sue. Her insurance company is not going to pay for and cover something that she does not have coverage for, so in this case, she can be personally liable, if she is at fault.