Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

I'm hard of hearing and I requested in a timely manner

Customer Question

I'm hard of hearing and I requested in a timely manner (nearly 6 days) a certified ASL
Interpreter to assist me at the MSEA (Maryland State Education Association) Workshop.
MSEA provided a certified ASL Interpreter for a half day and could not provide one for a
full day. I attended this all day workshop with my caregiver who knows ASL but was only
there for the sole purpose of meeting my other physical challenges, not to sign for the
workshop. MSEA waited at the last minute to contact an ASL Interpreter the night before
the workshop but to our surprised, she informed my caregiver and me that she was very
sick and had tubes in her ears which prohibited her from signing effectively. As a result
of this mishap, MSEA requested that my caregiver to sign for the other half day and be
paid. My caregiver agreed. But, I informed MSEA that they violated my ADA rights of
2008 for being negligent and careless about providing my accommodations in a timely
manner. MSEA must take sole responsibility for their actions. They had ample time to
provide coverage and refused to do so. Do you know any lawyers who would take my case? I'm seeking monetary damages in the amount of $25,000. Your response would
be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

We are not permitted to represent JA's customers or to refer any particular attorney to them; however, this link may help you find the right type of lawyer in your area.

Please Note:

(1) The information provided above is general in nature and for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information. If you need or want legal advice you should consult with a local lawyer of your choice who can better guide you after reviewing all the pertinent facts and details. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and

(3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.