Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

HBO has been illegally recording me for 14 years without

Customer Question
written permission i have asked...
HBO has been illegally recording me for 14 years without written permission i have asked and demanded for them to stop and they laugh at me and tell me its a joke. They have cost me privacy, jobs, and happiness. I need help filling suit against them making them stop. They even told me i couldnt watch what they recorded with a lawyer because i would win and even said they wouldnt stop recording because of it. They insist there is a dollar amount they can offer after that will make it right i told them no way they said that was crazy and are still recording. I only want the money they owe me in a law suit they claim that it isnt fair and are still recording costing me more privacy and time only making me want to file suit even more. Now there saying because im angry about that they wont stop doing this illegally until they are happy with how upset i am that there illegal it sounds a bit off but its the truth I greatly appreciate any help you can give me there claiming the show they want this to be but i wont allow is called Human Behavior and its funded by HBO i just need it to stop and get the legal dispute to stop
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
10/13/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
How are they recording you and where are they recording you without your consent?
What is your specific question for us, since state law forbids us from actually representing any customer of this site in court?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its some kind of Long waive length IR camera it can see clearly through walls and project 3d imaging into my home. They record me inside my home at work in my vehicle out in public everywhere its 24/7 for the past 14 years. They have had people act and drop hints saying its a punk or prank or joke but i have them i dont want what they recorded on TV and they still havnt stop recording. Its got to be illegal i dont understand why i cant get them to stop and they have said they dont want me to watch with a lawyer because he would advise me to file suit and have still not stopped i was hoping maybe to hire a lawyer and then have them contact there office in New York or California and maybe get them to stop with the realistic threat of there actions and at the very do you think that would work or can you suggest another coarse of action to get them to stop and get what they recorded confiscated so i can file suit ?
Thank you for your reply.
Wow, you could file suit if you have evidence of the recordings as this is an invasion of privacy. In order to film you they need a written consent form from you and if they did not obtain one they are violating your rights to privacy. So you legally can sue them for that invasion of privacy and you can seek not only monetary damages but a court order to seize all of the video and destroy it.
I would sue HBO in NY where they are located and you would need a local federal court attorney in NY to represent you. You can get one in NY at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney