Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I cannot afford an attorney and I have been dealing with a

Customer Question
I need help....I cannot afford...
I need help....I cannot afford an attorney and I have been dealing with a crappy ex husband for some time. It has to do with medical expenses and child support that he wont pay and other things..I feel like I am being railroaded by his attorney and don't know what to do
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: I just sent it did you get it
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: north dakota
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: several things
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a motion deadline that needs to be filed in 14 days so I need help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/13/2016
Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you please tell me what motion deadline you have? Also, could you please clarify your question for me? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My motion deadline is 14 days from today. My ex husband filed a motion on me and that I pay for his attorney fees I send him a letter to his attorney which he is telling me I cant respond to his attorney an that that I am raising attorneys fees. I told them I would make paymnets to them and neither of them disagreed or agreed. They cashed both my checks that I sent and not this is the first I have heard of it. He then spends money on his attorney to take the child support that he owes me and is always behind on it. I then sent him medical bills and he is refusing to pay for it. The motion is to take the child support that he owes and not pay the medical bills
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess what I want to know is in the state of North Dakota do I have to pay the medical bills up front before he has to pay...can I submit bills to him without paying? Is there a law that states that I cant contact his attorney?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello

Yes. Please give me a minute to review.

Has the divorce been finalized? Do you have a Marriage Settlement Agreement?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The divorce is done and has been done since 2001
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
like a divorce decree

Does it say in the divorce decree/marriage settlement agreement that both parties are to split medical costs 50/50?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do they classify as medical bills

Any bill related to medical treatment.

Unfortunately, you may need to pay those bills and then seek reimbursement.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are chiropractic bills considered medical bills

Yes if the treatment was deemed medically necessary.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
does it have to be okayed by a doctor or can she just go to have an adjustment because she was in extreme pain

It would need to be deemed medically necessary by a doctor.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there a law against talking to his lawyer if we have dealt with things in the past
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what if the decree states medical bills and doesn't specify....so she cant go to a chiropractor when it is a covered service unless she spends another medical bill to find out if it is medically necessary
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you still with me

Yes I am.

No. Typically, when someone is represented you need to speak only to their attorney.

The chiropractor can be argued to not be medically necessary without being ordered by a doctor.

MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer