Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

During the hurricane I was on which we call the a team for

Customer Question
hurricane I and other...
during the hurricane I was on which we call the a team for hurricane I and other employees had to evacuate rockledge hospital to malbourne hospital wuesthoff we worked the hurricane were told not to clock in in Melbourne but to sign in at command center , back at rockledge after the fact noticed many employees have not hrs paid for the time they worked on this pay check is it a law for disaster pay?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
10/12/2016
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

Thank you for your question.

Are you paid by the hour?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we are
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a lot of employees were to be payed time and half over time

You are entitled to be paid for all hours worked, and overtime as required by federal law if you worked over 40 hours in a week, see

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/whats-your-unpaid-wage-claim-worth-florida.html

Please let me know if that page does not answer your questions prior to rating my answer.

I hope this information is helpful.

N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer