Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have had a card for 12 years, I would like to apply for

Customer Question
I have had a green...
I have had a green card for 12 years
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I would like to apply for citizenship. The only issue I am concerned about is DUI in Canada (Criminal offence there) which might prevent the process from being completed I live in North Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure I understand your question
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOTHING is filed or reported on my Florida drivers license
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
10/11/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1) Was the DUI before or after you gained your permanent residency?

2) If it was before, then did you disclose it USCIS at the time of filing for the visa/permanent residency?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Tina, Lawyer