How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a card for 12 years, I would like to apply for

Customer Question

I have had a green card for 12 years
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I would like to apply for citizenship. The only issue I am concerned about is DUI in Canada (Criminal offence there) which might prevent the process from being completed I live in North Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure I understand your question
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOTHING is filed or reported on my Florida drivers license
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1) Was the DUI before or after you gained your permanent residency?

2) If it was before, then did you disclose it USCIS at the time of filing for the visa/permanent residency?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.