How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19486
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'd like to file an appeal on a ratification of a sale and

Customer Question

Good evening, I'd like to file an appeal on a ratification of a sale and an injunction to stay a foreclosure until appeal is heard
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Anything as far as the foreclosure or the process I'd like to file
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

If you need to file an appeal to stay a foreclosure sale, then you need to file notice of appeal with the Clerk's office. You would be given a form to file the notice of appeal and further instructions when you must submit other documents for the appeal. In the alternative, you can file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection to suspend the foreclosure sale to give you more time to negotiate with the lender and work out a payment arrangement.

You can use the following sites to find local Bankruptcy Attorneys:

Goodluck with your case,