How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I used a mediator for our divorce some issues

Customer Question

my husband and I used a mediator for our divorce some issues have come up regarding boundries and I would like to add an addendum to the decree can you tell me what that typically entails. I would ideally go back to our mediator with thim and have her do it, is this complicated and hard to do?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nevada
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: meaning what? we are currently divorced 2 months these are issues not clearly stated in the decree
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ie we have dogs and they are supposed to follow this kids, he dos not schedule to pick them up or offer me flexability to get them. I would like 48 hours notice or a set time they will be picked up.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What makes this process complicated is that he would need to be in agreement with the changes you are seeking to make. If he does not agree with the changes, then mediation would not assist you in getting the addendum/change to the decree that you are seeking.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are all of the adds I would like.children sick from school - split 50/50
dogs scheduled pick up and drop off times (they are supposed to go with the kids) if this is not done I would like them brought to doggie day care and the parent who was supposed to have scheduled this should be responsible for paying
any trips over 4 days cleared with other parent as this is outside of our agreement, we currently use a flexible schedule i would like it done 2 months out of course knowing there will be last in changes - I am needing clearly boundaries and consequences to these boundaries. I am obviously not going to leave my dogs stranded but I currently have nothing in place to enforce him following these unwritten verbal rules we have put into place.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

You are free to add whatever you want, but he will need to be in agreement. If he is not, you will need to fight it out in court.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

At this point, there's no reason for him to cooperate to include those terms if he doesn't feel like it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do understand he needs to be in agreement however if I get him to go to the mediator regarding these issues she will help us come up with something we can both live with correct?
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Theoretically, yes. The mediator should be able to help you do that.