Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Is power of attorney strong enough legally to allow my

Customer Question

Is power of attorney strong enough legally to allow my brother and his wife to care for my son as a parent
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

.

Is this a temporary situation or a permanent one?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Temporary as I am looking at going to prison

Ok, Utah law allows a parent to temporarily delegate authority over a minor child by completing a specific kind of power of attorney (see Utah Code Section 75-5-103).

.

You can get a free template here: UT Minor Care POA

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it will work until I get out of prison even if they have to go to court on my son's behalf

The temporary POA only lasts for 6 months at a time. So you would have to execute a new one every 6 months. But if you were incarcerated, you can do so from prison and mail it to them unless they come visit and bring one with them every 6 months.

.

Otherwise you are going to have to go the formal temporary guardianship route through the courts..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is the max sentence for first offense felony dui with gbi
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have nothing else on my record and the dui was for meth and marijuanna
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Its in california
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i know how long my brother and sister in law may have my son

I'm happy to answer any follow up questions you may have that pertain to your original question. This appears to be a new question, and not a follow up. JustAnswer prefers that you open a new question page for new questions. This ensures that you'll have an accurate customer ratio on the site, and it helps us to give the best possible answers to your questions.

.

.

thanks