Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My husband recently died. my stepson has a car that is still

Customer Question
my husband recently died....
my husband recently died. my stepson has a car that is still in my husband's name. am I liable if he gets in an accident?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no. he was supposed to pay me for it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he is upset with me because he has already racked up many toll charges he has not paid and says he won't pay. am I liable for them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/8/2016
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Loren, Attorney

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. My condolences for your loss.

Does the stepson live with you? How old is he? Does he have problems with drugs or alcohol?

Tina, Lawyer