How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 19628
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My child was placed in detention for 36 days for an

Customer Question

my child was placed in detention for 36 days for an "assessment". at the end they recommended he be sent to a "secure" cd facility for treatment. the place he was in WAS secure and they offered cd treatment. He had a bed there already but they transferred him to Willmar, MN. Can I request a transfer? his state of mind was good and he was happy (if you can be happy in juvi) today we saw him and he cried the whole time and just kept saying, I can't stay here, I can't stay here.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to read about your son's difficulties.

Yes, you can request for a transfer since he already has a bed in another facility to see if your request would be granted. You need to make sure that you list any and all reasons why you are requesting for the transfer, just like you did in your post here.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is one more question. He was sent to Willmar, MN (which is a juvenile) detention center for chemical dependency treatment. however, I have learned that is may take up to 30 days for the county approve that. I feel that he should get to be home until the treatment actually starts. Am I wrong in saying this. he could go bach when treatment ACTUALLY starts.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, you are mistakenly. It is unlikely for him to be allowed to go home and wait for the treatment to start.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.