Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Second opinion] - WHAT DOES THIS MEAN Court received filing

Customer Question
Second opinion] - WHAT DOES...
Second opinion] - WHAT DOES THIS MEANCourt received filing in violation of Trial Rule 86. Court returns documents (Motion and Order to Vacate Judgment and Dismiss Claim) to Attorney for Plaintiff via USPS in envelope provided.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I received a judgement against me 12/2014. I havent been working so they havent been able to collect. ive been so ill and now am receiving social security disability, i looked up my case on our mycase.in.gov website and saw on 9/23 the following message....Court received filing in violation of Trial Rule 86. Court returns documents (Motion and Order to Vacate Judgment and Dismiss Claim) to Attorney for Plaintiff via USPS in envelope provided.... so is the court vacating the judgement and dismiss the claim due to the trial rule 86 violation ??
10/9/2016
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

The court here is not accepting the motion and order, sounds like they are trying to dismiss it all.You would want to check here and see if they refiled it.The pleading could have been deficient or they didn't comply here with the efiling rules.But it does sound like they were trying to dismiss the matter.You would want to check with the court clerk to see if they refiled or it was otherwise dismissed.This is public information the clerk may also be able to tell you what was defective or if they refiled here.

I appreciate the chance to help you again.Please let me know if you have more follow up.

Ray, Lawyer