How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to appeal the circuit court to reinstate my

Customer Question

I would like to appeal the circuit court to reinstate my Foid card. I was convicted of unlawful restraint in Il over 35 years ago, in 1978. I appealed to the state of Il and was denied and told to appeal the court in Henry county. I don't know where to go to find a lawyer or to get the right forms. Can you give me any advice.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois. Henry county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed with the Illinois state police to get my Foid card back and was denied, and told to petition the circuit court in Henry county
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the felony was April,1978 30 months probation was the sentence. I have letters of reference that were written up. I have worked and retired after 30 years, raised a family and have had no tickets since then
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Were your state and Federal firearms rights restored?