How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mine attorney did not disclose to me, that he is the brother

Customer Question

hello, mine attorney did not disclose to me, that he is the brother -in-law of my baby's' mom attorney. . Are there any tangible reproccusions, such as legal or other? Thank you. Justin
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Arizona, and my baby's mom and I are going to court for me to get visitation and other rights since last September
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: September 2015
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good Justin,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The fact that your attorney happens to be related by marriage to the attorney that is representing your baby's mother is in no way a legal conflict which would prevent either attorney from representing their clients.

There is no reason why your attorney cannot help you and do a great job doing so. The court will not order either attorney to stop representing either of you because there is no conflict here. The fact that you are the father means that the court will grant you visitation. You are always able to fire your attorney, but I see no reason to do so simply based on the fact that he is related by marriage to the opposing attorney.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Hi Justin,

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,