How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am interested to find a lawyer who can assist me in

Customer Question

I am interested to find a lawyer who can assist me in learning my options about a perjury case I am dealing with.
JA: What state is this in? And have any charges been officially filed?
Customer: Texas, Dallas county
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet, and need to know what I should do
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The perjury was committed on a protective order ruling. There were numerous other lies perpetrated as well.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My wife lied on her protective order affidavit, on her claims for family violence, on her deposition and her attorney basically covered it up
I need to know what I can do now the case is finished with trial and awaiting judge ruling
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

Did you raise the issue at trial?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Minimally since my lawyer didn't have enough time allotted by court.
Since the judge didn't want to rule on family violence my lawyer tried to focus on property asset division.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know people may say I am being sore about the divorce. However, there is definitely wrong doing here and I had to pay thousands of dollars for it.
I wish to recoup some of it if I can
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately, you would have had to raise it at the trial and fully litigate it there to do anything civilly about it. Your only other choice is to report it to the District Attorney and see if they are interested in pursuing it but I've seen people raise the issue numerous time and have never seen the DA pursue the matter.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
But I can not file a separate lawsuit claiming perjury and defamation
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

No, it is required to bring all causes of action against that person in the same lawsuit and which occurred prior to the close of evidence in the case.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you goodbye
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

You're very welcome.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.