Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I work at a machine shop in knoxville Tennessee. My boss

Customer Question
purchased a new gun for...
I work at a machine shop in knoxville Tennessee. My boss purchased a new gun for no reason other than it has a laser on it he points it at me. I told him not to point it at me and that a gun is always to be treated as if it is loaded. The next day he points the gun at two other men. He pointed it right between the eyes of one man. They told him the exact same thing I did. I have asked that he put the gun in a gun safe or take it home and he refuses.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/7/2016
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

In a situation like this, his actions could rise to criminal. If he is handling the gun in a careless and reckless manner and pointing the gun at your and other employees and creating a fear of harm or a risk of danger, the police can be called and/or a report can be filed. You can go to the police this morning and have them look into the matter. Of course, this could create problems with your employer, so it may be best if you and the other employees speak with him about this and advise that there is no reason that this gun should be out and displayed at work, since it is not needed or relevant to your work or within the scope and he is creating a dangerous work environment as well.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney