Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Q. I recently started a project work-order with a partner

Customer Question
(financier) many of my transcripts...
Q. I recently started a project work-order with a partner (financier) many of my transcripts constituted a verbal agreement.
Some brief detail.
After first 60 days into the project the partner suddenly drops the project and left me to all the damage control. The project is an entertainment project which have cost much planning and preparation from NYC. I stand to loose all my investments, time and further loose more for failure to execute the remaining phases of each project work order. My Brand of 20 years is also at stake as my local agent and other are threatening to sue me if i do not pay for promotional work such as local media press releases.
On or around June, 16th a friend whom I have know for over 16 years came to New York City on her visit from Del Mar, San diego Ca.
She is aware that I am a Professional dance instructor, choreographer and performer.
After taking a few lessons from me she ask if I could produce my program in Del Mar of San Diego Ca.
Over our discussion leading up to my first trip to San Diego we spent 10s of hours via email. phone calls and texting discussion the projections, promotions and general work orders budget and each estimated costs associated with a short-term to medium term work order Time Line which would have included a break even analysis and residuals commensurate after especially my 2nd trip to San Diego.
Each plan was written and verified by my partner and I and include all and descriptively multiple details in relations to each of the following:
1. My partner agreed and understood the total work order would not be less than $20,000.00 during the initial 30 to 90 day period which included:
1A. 3-5 trips of 1-7 days each month July, August, Sep. of which is in my partners expense and also a part of the total work order projections estimates.
1B. My partner understood that the first trip would not generate profitable residuals and that it would not break even.
1C. My Partner understood the full itinerary of my classes schedules and program prices of which my partner agree purchase my 7-hour package and thus paid for it.
1D. My Partner understood of my training vs practicing hours what were my prices per hour and did pay for up to just a few hours at my normal cost of $125 per hour
1E. My partner offered that there was a confirmation of 3 additional students who would pay for my 7 hour program
2. My partner upon realizing the quality of my training vs practicing further advise adding 2 new phases to the project work order and increasing its time-line to up to 120 days and aligning a new budget (all written discussed and documented) of up to $50,000.00 to which will finance the first stage of our New Dance PartnerShip for preparations, practicing, 114 hours of training and promotional stuff such as photo shoots, media kit, promotional releases and two very specific choreographies to be release in Dec/2016/ (Multiple Clips available).
2A. Partner did use up 42 of 120 training hours and did not pay for the same which balance of 72 hours is left undone but should be paid for.
2B. Partner Paid for both trips and hotel accommodations and without any reasonable notice or explanation partner reported that I have to pay for future trips or accommodations.
2C. In less than 1-week prior to 3rd trip my Partner ask me to travel to Nutley NJ to order performance clothing total cost almost $2,300.00 and ship in preparation for 3rd visit.
2D. Partner in a letter email did say to me that the Dance PartnerShip will not work out and therefor any future trip or work order time-line is by all means terminated.
3. My Partner does not wish to acknowledge added components to the general project work order cost and each time-line:
3A. My partner agree to form an Organization, negotiate finding a correct URL's and Registering a new Website DWM.Dance
3B. Partner further agree to all expenses relative to purchasing a website URL DanceWithMe.org of which an unpaid balance invoice is due in the amount of $5,792.00
3C. My partner hadn't contributed for website development and each associated cost which is still pending and I am being threaten by the promotional team
As of each of the contempts above neither of which in time or upon conclusive multiple text, email and phone call confrontations my Partner simply will not acknowledge the concerns of our contract.
I would like to sue my partner for breach of contract and seek remittance financially for each trauma and added recovery of all associated cost for each work order i have subsequently completed and those which are pending its completion.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There are multiple typos in my above transcripts as I've written with some haste.
below is a read out of an email sent on 8/21/1 and entails info of my second trip:
Similar is available for all other continued trips:
here is a live link: http://www.dwm.foundation/Dance-Studio-Kids-Press-Release.pdf
Dear *****ina,
Please print and keep for further reference with your filesThe below in Blue is info personal to you and i for our schedules purposes:
Our mission for this week last days was to:
1.Procreate a promotional platform in which to reflect the professionalism of our involvement as Partners, Partnership and the development of our newest project DWM Dance With Me Kids Foundation:
Here's what we have accomplished:
A.Visual Artistic Content "Mission Statement, Description and Platform for Dance With Me Kids Foundation"
B. DanceWithMe.org negotiations complete and eventually transfer along with all DNS updates and firs move to layout strategies of website content with SEO development already began: View here: http://www.Dwm.foundation http://www.DanceWithMe.dance & http://DanceWithMe.org (Congratulations)
C. Alignment and Product exact plans possibilities for upcoming travel: Dance Rehearsals, Training classes etc.To View please click on these links: Main Dance Lessons programs to cover 4segments of time used at the Bay Club: http://www.dwm.foundation/Dance-Studio-Main-Press-Release.pdfD. I have added to the program direction and as much as your assistance can be applied. If either of these are set-forth to the public by 08/22??? then it stands a fair chance to benefit the mainstream community bulletin View (Possible assist with Dance at local GYMS) here: http://www.dwm.foundation/Dance-Studio-Gym-Press-Release.pdfand (For possible assistance at local school groups for kids) here: http://www.dwm.foundation/Dance-Studio-Kids-Press-Release.pdfps: at the far end of this document you can overview additional press releases suitable for events and programs relative to our dance partnership programs Carolina Michael Dance Productions and our startup Dance With Me Kids foundation.Our private FYI Program Structure: Program and program hours at the San Diego Bay ClubProgram 1 Practice (Adult Athletic Male) Class 45:Min15:minutes - Structural Anatomy (In the line of Motion).15:minutes - Momentum Anatomy (Translating Personality into Rhythms in Motion)20:minutes - The Anatomy of Dance (Male) 3-phase Balance, Musicality & Stepping Techniques*(*Stepping techniques covers multiple variations of normal walking, side-line steps, cross/forward/backward & alignment stepping -No sneakers).Program 2 Practice (All Levels Female) Class 25:MinBuoyancy (Thick Tennis Sock) "Suave" 2-phase Balance Anatomy, Musicality Steps-On-Twine*(*Stepping Techniques Emphasis on Hips-Anatomy: Twine-motions)Program 3 Social Practica (Male & Female all levels)Practice what you've learned 2-3 hr social. Meet your match.Friday, 8/26 Studio unavailableSat. 8/27 11:00am - 4:00pmSun. 8/28 available from 8:00am - 9:00pmMon. 8/29 8:00am - 3:00pmTue. 8/30 8:00am - 3:00pmWed. 8/31 8:00am - 3:00pmOur Programs: 8/26: (If Applicable: Beach training & Dance Choreography 2-4 hours). We will negotiate which beach area and what is those most convenient hours suitable for you. This level of training is tough for you because of the sand. If your feet is sensitive you'll need a ballet style shoe to keep toes from spreading wide into sand and or breaking.The training is very rewarding for stepping alignment with your partner and extremely valuable for balance in the contra-body stepping in motion.Event TBS Social: Produce Social Dance Practice Milonga on Wednesday 8/31 from 11:45Am to 1:45PMProgram includes: One 15-25 minute of the learners guide to TBS 8-Basic steps, 5th step Female, 2nd & 7th steps Male.Program#1: Sat. 8/27 11:00am - 12:00pm.Sun. 8/28 8:00am - 9:00am & 8:00PM - 9:00PMMon. 8/29 8:00am - 9:00amTue. 8/30 8:00am - 9:00amWed. 8/31 8:00am - 9:00amProgram#2: Sat. 8/27 03:00pm - 04:00pm. (2x25 min sessions)Sun. 8/28 9:00am - 10:00am & 7:00PM - 8:00PMMon. 8/29 9:00am - 10:00amTue. 8/30 9:00am - 10:00amWed. 8/31 9:00am - 10:00amSpecial Program 7-hours (Please select 7 hours between the following schedules)The TBCelebrity.com Program Benefits all level individuals (Never Dance before? No Problems).Patrons will benefits from all of Michael's Anatomy of Dance Techniques & The Fashions Duplicating One's Personality from Rhythms in Motions. A once in a lifetime Dance Teacher, Educator, Instructor Course. A great opportunity to meet celebrity types in business, fashion, media and entertainment industries. You can offer to teach, escort (DWTS etc.,) or become a dance instructor role-mode
10/7/2016
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this.

Was the agreement made in NY?

Is there a signed written agreement?

Tina, Lawyer