Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My wife recently informed me that show was seeking a

Customer Question

My wife recently informed me that show was seeking a divorce. Through verbal intimidation,calling the police and threatening to lock me out,I was forced to leave within days. Is this legal?
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Through verbal intimidation,calling the police and threatening to lock me out,I was forced to leave within days. Is this legal?

.

Unfortunately, although you felt forced to leave, you were under no legal obligation to do so unless a judge entered an order compelling you to do so. So if you left without a judge telling you to, you left voluntarily, even if it didn't feel like that.

.

So yes, I hate to say it, but it would be legal for her to badger you and threaten you to try to convince you to leave. You could have done the same thing to her and told her to leave.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks