How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Karen Your Own Question
Karen, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1
Experience:  Owner and Principal Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Karen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Because of two months of silence without getting the

This answer was rated:

Because of two months of silence without getting the requested documents to substantiate fees that were charged, I am looking to do fee arbitration to get things moving. I am in NJ. My CRA case was filed in NJ. The lawyer that represents me in based in Philadelphia. What state do I submit the fee arbitration request with? NJ or PA?

Good Afternoon Chris,

If you are a resident of the State of NJ, you may submit the request in NJ. Unlike a complaint filed in an actual court of law, arbitrations are not based upon jurisdiction. Requesting that the arbitration be held in NJ may make it more convenient for you to attend the hearing. If you have retained an attorney for this matter, you should defer to him/her for further advice. Thank you and good luck.

Karen and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you