Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have signed the contract with a corporate and they have

Customer Question
never signed it and send...
I have signed the contract with a corporate and they have never signed it and send back to me? What is the time limit I have to wait or legal binding so I can withdraw from contract or walk away?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2016
Lawyer: Taylor, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Taylor
Taylor, Attorney

hi my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. May i ask what the contract is for?

are both parties located w/in Pennsylvania?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in FLorida
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is for a hiring a Physician

so both parties are located in Florida or PA? sorry im not understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just need to know what is the law for how long do i have to wait to get contract back. It is more than 10 days.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
both parties are located in Florida

ok thank you for that additional information! ill have your answer shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They send me the contract to sign to accept the job offer as a physician. but after I signed it they never send me back the signed contract. Now, how long do I have to wait before I can get out this contract to look for another job?

thanks for the clarification, that makes it a lot easier for me to understand the situation!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I donot have signed contract from them. Can I accept another job offer and walk away from this offer anytime or is there any time limit?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please can you not call me and just answer me back here what to do now? I do not want to pay extra amount for phone call. this sign is keep bothering me to ask me to make a call for extra cost.

when was the employment supposed to begin? have you spoken with anyone on the other side about cancelling? lastly, does the contract have a date which it must be agreed upon by?

i apologize it is asking for a phone call- i believe i can adequately answer your questions in this chat!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to send them a letter saying if I do not get contract in 10 days, I will walk away because I have another job offer to accept. but I do not know what is the binding to me for this first job since I have signed it but they have not?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks!

Thanks for all of the additional information!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I will wait for your answer

i believe contacting them as you had described would be an adequate way to handle this situation. in order for a valid contract to be formed there must be an offer and acceptance. Here you have provided the "offer" but they have not accepted your offer. until acceptance is made there is not a valid contract. Are you wanting them to sign the offer and pursue employment with them or would you rather cancel the contract?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cancel the contract
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I give them a notice and get out legally? since I have another job offer to accept it.

ok, if you inform the party that you no longer wish to pursue employment with them you may do so at this point. because they have not yet signed the contract, it is not yet legally enforceable.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there any time limit. it has been almost 10 days now the time I signed it and send back to them by Fedex.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok can you give a language/material what to say please?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can I give them a notice of 24 hours time limit saying that if they do not send me contract within 24 hours I am not liable for this acceptance?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want to make sure I use proper legal language to notify them either way.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I pursue for acceptance and force them to send me the contract how do I say?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I may want to pursue them for this job because it is very attractive job to me compare to second job.

there is not a time limit when they must sign by. you could absolutely write/call them and say you want to have an answer w/in 24 hours or the contract should be terminated/unenforceable.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok great ! any advise ? let me know.

if you would like to keep this job instead of the second job, i would contact the employer and discuss with them what the delay in signing is and/or if they plan on signing the contract. if their plan is to sign the contract, then i would have them do that ASAP and send you a copy of the completed agreement.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks.

do you have any further questions or concerns? once you are satisfied i would greatly appreciate a positive rating! it does not cost you anything further and it is the only way i am compensated by JA for my time and attention to your questions!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they said it will take two more weeks which I cannot wait.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think you have given answer what I was looking for to clarify. Thanks.

alright, if you would like to cancel your signature on the contract you should give the company written notice that states you no longer wish to fulfill your part of the contract. does that make sense?

let me know if you need anything further! wish you the best of luck and would greatly appreciate the positive rating when you are satisfied!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
make sense.Thanks

wonderful. best of luck and thanks for using JA!!

is there anything further i can provide you with to earn a 5-star rating?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no thanks.

ok great. since you are satisfied i would greatly appreciate you giving me a positive rating! it doesn't cost you anything further and is the only way i am compensated by JA for my time :)

is there anything further i can do to earn your 5 star rating?

Taylor
Taylor
Taylor, Attorney