How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed bankruptcy and it has been granted, however I had a

Customer Question

I filed bankruptcy and it has been granted, however I had a loan with title max that when I filed was 598. Now they are telling me I owe them 650 and I paid them all during the case because I wanted to keep my car. Is renewing my loan like that legal
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what do you mean, they had to be listed as a debtor, however I proclaimed that I wanted to keep the car.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 10 months ago.

The bankruptcy will have no effect on that loan since it is secured by your car. Did you ask for a statement from them? Why are they saying it is more, is it due to interest?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did not ask for a statement. The interest was paid with each payment I made and I made all payments with the interest
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 10 months ago.

I see, then I understand your question. If interest was paid with each payment then it should be all paid off. You need to demand a statement from them and see what they are claiming the amount is based on. Good news is if you have any problems with them and the amount they are claiming, you can use your bankruptcy to deal with it rather than file a whole lawsuit against them.

Does that answer your question?

Related Legal Questions