Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Im a dentist in texas and i was doing buisness with a dental

Customer Question
HELLO.. Im a dentist in...
HELLO.. Im a dentist in texas and i was doing buisness with a dental laboratory in Pennsylvania and we have a billing dispute so he filed a civil suit against me in his city in Pennsylvania... can they do that
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes they have filed civil suit
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the balance isnt correct and why didnt they file it in my county
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
10/5/2016
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

They can file the suit in PA, but that does not mean that they can win (Unless you do not respond). You need to respond in writing by sending an "Answer" to the Court and filing a Motion to Dismiss.

In your Answer you will deny the claims made AND in the Motion tell the court that it lacks Personal Jurisdiction over you. State in the Motion that you have no contacts with Pennsylvania, that you have no property in Pennsylvania and that you do not conduct business in PA.

Do this in writing, send it Certified Mail to the COurt and copy the lab. You can sned the lab's copy by regular mail,

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer