How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a critical situation. I had a critical brain injury

Customer Question

I am in a critical situation. I had a critical brain injury on Feb 13 2013 resulting in several brain surgeries which has left me mentally disabled. I owned my own condo but ran out of my savings and are now living on 41,144 social securities and have been ordered to evacuate m condo on the 11th of October. I just need time to recover my home because of a slip and fall lawsuit which will be settled within six months giving me the opportunity to pay for what I owe but my mortgage company has taken ownership ov my condo and is evicting me..All I need is time. Can I get any help to stop this?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The only way for your to indefinitely be able to postpone the foreclosure and give you time to pay off the debt owing will be to file for chapter 13 bankruptcy. That will result in the foreclosure process being halted and you will have a 5-year period in which to pay back the arrears owing to the lender.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,