Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Does the statue of limitations apply to fraud?

Customer Question

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Yes, it does. Can you share with me what your question is and I would be happy to provide additional information.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a condo lease for a specific unit thru 2023. the owner transferred me another unit w/o my OK. the deed transfer said that I rec'd compensation etc

Yes, in Vermont there is a SOL for Fraud , which is 6 yrs. under Tit. 12 §511. As such, a civil cause of action for fraud can be filed within the 6 year period of time.