P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

My daughter is being held in a hostile situation. She is

Customer Question

My daughter is being held in a hostile situation. She is leaving her fiancé and he found out and coerced into returning home with threats that he has a great lawyer and will take her daughter away from her. What can we do?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? It's very hard or us to answer a question like "what can I do" and provide you with helpful information. I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no more money to pay. I live on disability because of PPMS. I just really am scared of what he may do and I need to safely get her out..
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Ger her out of what? Is she in a lease?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is holding her and daughter against her will. Found out he tried to get a gun but he was denied because of his mental issues.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks
If he is holding her against her will? That is a crime...you can report that to law enforcement and they can assist. If you believe she is in imminent danger, use 911. Otherwise you can report this to local police (the police in the town where she is)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I contact law enforcement will they make sure she gets out safely? And how about her personal belongings that she needs to have? The only safe place is in Missouri and she is in Pennsylvania.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

If she is being held, against her will? That is a crime (a felony). Law enforcement can help her leave the home (assuming she wants to). As for her stuff? She can bring it with her...or arrange for someone to transport it for her.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will they put them and their stuff in a safehouse until we can get there to pick them up. She is scared of what he may do and definitely wants out.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I do not know the policies of her particular department...but they can provide her resources to local shelters if she needs shelter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I will have to contact law enforcement and see how they can help Because I definitely need to get her help as soon as I can. I want to thank you for what help you did I am still confused and wondering if I spent my money wisely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am told by family members that I didn't.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. I wish you and your family the best through this
phil

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess I really meant thanks for not really helping much..
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Ok...again, I wish you the very best.
phil