How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a civil case coming up in October in Illinois and I

Customer Question

I have a civil case coming up in October in Illinois and I live in Fl. How do I get an attorney to represent us for this case.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Illinois County DuPage...
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes a civil suite against my Husband. He owns a building in Addison, Il and his Son Clifford Bloom is trying to steal it from him.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes Clifford has tried to take over the Company before but was stopped by Judge Bonnie Wheaton. Frank is 90 and in very good health. Frank he wants Clifford out of the Company along with Gregg Cherry his cousin and he wants the building back. Frank never sold him the building or gave him any Authority to take over anything.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 9 months ago.

In a situation like this, Frank needs to retain an attorney in Illinois. If he lives in Florida, he is not going to want to commute back and forth for every court appearance and unless he wants to represent himself, legal counsel needs to be retained and appear on his behalf. If he fails to respond, a default will be entered against him and he will lose the building, to his son, who is trying to steal it. The Illinois Bar has an attorney referral service set up and the link is below, so that is the best place for him to start.