Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can a lawyer after sing a contract agreement and settled a

Customer Question
case, return the check back...
can a lawyer after sing a contract agreement and settled a case, return the check back to the insurance co and fire his client?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/4/2016
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my mother had a car accident on feb of this year, we hire a lawyer they settled the case very quick with the insurance co
the auto insurance co send a check to her. the lawyer ask her to sing the check and give to them to put the money in an escrow account. they explain to her that will be to protect the money because her hospital bill are to high .she continue recibing bill and her credit is been damaged ,she argue with then abut that and they told her that if she are not happy whit then they can sen the check back to the insurance co .

Hello: You requested for a phone call. However, I cannot contact you because your payment for the additional cost failed.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review your additional information and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
helo are still there?

Your question:

Response: The Attorney cannot do that without the consent of his/her Client. If the Attorney did that, the Client, your mother can file complaint against the Attorney with the Attorney Discipline

I am still here. I was preparing my response to your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do you suggest that we do? ,can they stop working in her case? if they want

I have already suggested that she file bar complaint against the Attorney.

They can stop working on her case without the approval of the Court if the case is not pending before the Court. Otherwise, approval must be obtained from the Court before the withdrawal. If they abruptly withdraw from the case in a way that harms her case, she would have a case against them for malpractice. She can then hire an Attorney who handles legal malpractice cases to sue them.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq. Sr sorry are you there?

I am sorry, but why do you keep asking if I am here? I am responding to your post, but you are still asking if I am here. I am responding as fast as I can.

Did you not get my responses?

Below are my responses:

Me

Your question:

4 Oct 2016, 10:52 AM

Me

4 Oct 2016, 10:52 AM

Customer

4 Oct 2016, 10:54 AM

Me

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

4 Oct 2016, 10:59 AM

Customer

Phillips Esq. Sr sorry are you there?

4 Oct 2016, 10:59 AM

Me

Did you not get my responses?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok sorry

If you do not have any additional question, kindly take a minute to give a 5-star rating to my response so that I can receive proper credit for addressing your concerns. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law