How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father in law in law died August 15, 2016. He remarried a

Customer Question

My father in law in law died August 15, 2016. He remarried a lady with no kids but he had 6 adult children. The adult children are aware there is a will but the wife/step mother has refused to share it with the family. How can the family get a copy of the will? My father n law was a good man and he would disappointed in the process. Thank you for taking our question! Thanks Kathy
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Alabama! Sorry
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
​Was an estate filed in the local probate court?

Did the deceased father had some non-marital assets?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
he had assets before he re-married! We have no idea if a local probate court filing was filed!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I prefer not spend any more funds. We have 3 lawyers in our family and of them is on Mitch McConnell legal team so I'll him handle everything! Thanks
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Would you like for me to proceed with my answer?