Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a case that my LFO has passed the 20 yr maximum

Customer Question
jurisdiction of the court and...
I have a case that my LFO has passed the 20 yr maximum jurisdiction of the court and I just received a wage withholding from the county clerk. I need help to stop this
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: WA state
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The statute is RCW 9.94A.750(4) RCW 9.94A.753(4) RCW 9.94A.760(4) Those pertain to the restitution, application of restitution, and LFO. RCW 9.94A.925 Application of laws of 2003 Chapter 379 is also applicable
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to stop the wage withholding since it is past the 10yr jurisdiction and the subsequent 10yr extension of the initial 10yrs
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
10/3/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you check to make sure they did not file it as a civil action after the 10 year extension?
What have you done to this point?
Tina, Lawyer