How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cky389 Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 28
Type Your Legal Question Here...
cky389 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been a pain patient For 12 yrs. I take a controlled

Customer Question

I've been a pain patient For 12 yrs. I take a controlled substance so that I can walk (nerve pain - perineal nerve). This August my pharmacist mistakenly filled my script for 1/2 the dosage prescribed. I realized it 28 days later. I thought maybe I had done too much or dosage was no longer effective. I brought it to my Pharmacist's attention & he said he was sorry
I've been there to.pick up other prrscriptions, however he has chosen not to replace them.
Any thought/regulations
Procedure for this kind of error?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  cky389 replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I'm a pharmacist. I will try to help you with this question.

Expert:  cky389 replied 9 months ago.

Speaking from my experience in the state of Illinois, if the error was on the part of the pharmacist it should be replaced with the correct medication. However, if the prescription had expired in the meantime or if the prescribing physician has been contacted and asked it to not be filled then it may no longer be valid.