Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If I was appointed a bar panel lawyer in LA. Can and he

Customer Question
literally isn't doing his job...
If I was appointed a bar panel lawyer in LA. Can and he literally isn't doing his job I've spoke to him numerous times about case and he ignores what I have to say like important things like the billion different dates that are not right the detective in the case has a lot of inconsistency in his narrative and he ignores me and hasn't been going over the discovery not once. This is a criminal matter what can I do to get better representation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2016
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Just to be clear, the attorney was court appointed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had conflict of interest with every public defender so bar panel attorney took my car
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No this is fine thank you

Thank you. At this time, you are going to have to address these issues once again and ask for the attorney to withdraw and new counsel to be appointed. If there is a conflict, the attorney can present and represent this to the Judge and explain the situation. Your attorney needs to act in your best interest and if they are not doing so, you need and want to address this with the Judge, explaining and showing how they are breaching the duty of care that they owe you. Seeing how there were previous conflicts already and the PD could no longer assist and the panel had to help, you are going to need to show there is a problem with the attorney, so it does not look as though you are being problematic.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I am definitely not I'm just not able to afford private council and this is what is avl. And do I go to the judge before my court date to address this or on my court date

You can file a motion ahead of time and then set it to be heard. You can address your concerns with the Judge and a copy needs to be sent to counsel and the State, so they can respond, if needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What motion is that sir.

You would ask the Judge to substitute legal counsel. In the body of the motion you need to explain the conflict of interest and how you feel the attorney is not acting in your best interest and zealously representing you and as a result, new counsel needs to be appointed.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney