Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

What are the Texas life estate provisions? No, however,

Customer Question

What are the Texas life estate provisions?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, however, thinking of transferring property to family, but, would like to continue living here.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just want to transfer property, but, want to continue to live here
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Are you asking what a life estate is?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

A life estate is the right of a person to reside in a property for the remainder of their lives oe as long as they want to.

This is usually used as an estate planning tool so that a person can sell or deed a house to someone else to avoid it being considered an asset if they have to go into the nursing home or hospital but the owner still wants to live there the remainder of their lives or.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. Great service from you.

You're very welcome.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.