How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am so mad right now i used to bank with a shady bank

Customer Question

I am so mad right now i used to bank with a shady bank because my credit was bad i went to go close my account on sept 3 and asked the lady to make sure nothing went in or out of my account i had 183 in my bank at the time of closing wich they never sent back to me and also did not close my account and allowed money to keep coming out of it all though i did my best in calling every person to change banks i guess i was not quick enough however my account was supposed to be closed ? then after not sending the money to me 183$ they aslo go as so far as to cover it all up and said it was a mistake and i am not getting any of my money back!!!! and the are just now closing my accout they do this to many people they are crooks
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: I want to know if i can start a class action or a civil suit for all of this they have done to me and to get my money back plus something to comphesate for my stress
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: awsome thank you how much will this be?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i am almost sure Academy Bank is the name of the bank
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i dont think so thank you
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can sue them for breach of contract, it would not be a class action suit and it would not require an attorney for that amount of money they took. Unfortunately, you cannot get anything more than the money they took from you they were not entitled to take, since under breach of contract all you can collect from them is actual damages by law. You can go through small claims court without an attorney and file suit and serve the bank's agent for service, which you can find on your state's Secretary of State's website (if you provide the state you are in we can find the link for you). You also need to call your state attorney general and state department of banking and file a complaint against them for their actions.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think I would like to get a attorney to get my money back in not that smart to go at it alone and they need to know they can't do this to people I want to make a stand but I'm just me ?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'd like to Mabey hire you for my divorce as well I'm looking to retain a lawyer what is your rates?(###) ###-####it's real messy I haven't seen him in 10 years
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
I am afraid state law forbid us from representing anyone from this site in any matter, I do apologize and the site terms do try to make that clear to people posting questions.
I am also sorry to say that for $183 you will not get a lawyer because it is a small claims court case and legal fees for a lawyer would be more than 10 times that amount.
As far as your divorce, you must get a local attorney or go through legal aid office, I am very sorry for any misunderstanding or confusion about that.