How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having trouble with a QDRO that apparently was never

Customer Question

I am having trouble with a QDRO that apparently was never completed at the time of my divorce in 1992. I do not know what to do. Talked to two attorneys so far. One talked so fast I had to tell him to slow down as I could not even process what he was saying. Then he mocked me my talking slow enough so that an idiot could understand. That aside, I need to find an New York attorney that will represent me in obtaining a QDRO at this late date or suing my late husband's estate for what that QDRO was worth. Don't know what to do.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: The divorce was in NY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: the qdro was never filed. the divorce was completed in 1992
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

We don't actually represent people with legal issues. The experts here provide information on legal topics and answer questions.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, how long is the statute of limitations on filing a QDRO? Or is there any?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 10 months ago.

There isn't any. You can get a lawyer to go back and enter one at any time so long as the judge either 1) ordered it at the time or 2) didn't address it at all at the time.

A lawyer can draft one for you and then have a hearing and get it signed.