How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I sue the women my husband is sleeping with in

Customer Question

Can I sue the women my husband is sleeping with in Tennessee?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: with who?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have battled with depression and Fibromyalgia, and has knowledge of that via my husband. The stress of this affair is taking its toll on me physically and emotionally. There is proof by emails and his admission,
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am very sorry to learn of this unfortunate and very stressful situation, and of the harm it has caused your physical health.

Unfortunately, there is no legal cause of action against this third party.

  • (There used to be - the tort of "alienation of affection" (and a few related causes of action) used to be valid and used in many states, and Tennessee was one of the last states to abolish these causes of action - but unfortunately for individuals in your position, it is no longer recognized as a valid claim).

I am very sorry, and I do wish that there was a different answer for you on this issue.