How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26738
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I stop my brother & his wife from bullying me. I am a

Customer Question

How do I stop my brother & his wife from bullying me. I am a gown women, they are 2 yrs. older than me. I can't take it anymore. Grew up with him bullying me, now his wife does it too!
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: They are in PA, I am in FL. They have been married 20 yrs. It's continued to get worse and worse. Grew up with him bullying me, thought there was a time he grew out of it, for a year or so, (9yrs ago), then got worse little by little, over the the last 10 years, since my dad past away.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no, not yet. His first wife, 21yrs ago, filed a restraining order on him.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer:They have also forged text msg(s), to show the family. I never wrote the text. They are going to every extent to make me look bad.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you please tell me how can I make them stop bullying me. They are also showing the whole extended family a text message, they forged, I did NOT send this text message, that is actually saying I called extended family a bad name. This word they used, is not even in my vocabulary. They are trying to make me look like a cray women. My brothers 2nd son, of three sons, just left home, cause he could not take their behavior, toward him. So, I think they feel guilty, trying to now make me look crazy. Please help me to stop this nonsense. thank you
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

One way to go after them would be to contact a local lawyer and get him to write a cease and desist letter. Such a letter basically outlines what it is that you find objectionable about what they are doing to you and puts them on notice that if they don't stop you will exercise all of your remedies under law.

The letter in and of itself has no real teeth in it except as notice. But when it comes from a lawyer and is on legal letterhead, reasonable people will know that you have taken the time to consult with a lawyer, and that means you may very well sue them. A warning of this sort is far more effective than just telling them yourself. And because you'd only be paying for the drafting of a letter and you wouldn't be required to sue if it didn't work, it would be an inexpensive option.

Beyond that, you could report their illegal actions to the police and say that you want criminal charges pressed for their harassment and their forgery, and/or contact a civil lawyer about suing them for their harassment and for defamation of your character.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.