How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33507
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks. I moved two years ago and had a dental adventure

Customer Question

Thanks. I moved two years ago and had a dental adventure last year that did not leave me smiling. I had two different dentist try to fit two different crowns over a 10 week period after numerous x-rays and reorder, etc., and finally went to another local dentist who fixed the problem with no x-rays and long lasting results. I also discovered that the first group lied to me over three visits about a crown that needed replacing because "it's a temporary." Come to find out I didn't have a crown on that tooth. Other problems too. Filed complain with BBB. After months, they offered me $300. I spent over $6,000 last year with over $4,000 for the two crowns. I have filed a complaint with the state health department and want to pursue this matter legal. What steps should I take?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Murfreesboro, TN ... oh, and after my new dentist told me I needed to ask for a refund from the dental group, I was told they could give me a partial refund because my insurance had already been filed. I DO NOT have dental insurance. When they realized this, they told me they would be glad to fix the problem, but I continued to tell them that after two dentist at their clinic , I went to a new dentist who fixed the problem.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Other with BBB and the TN Health Department, No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: A front tooth that needed a crown after a rough cleaning on my first visit to this place.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

In addition to a licensing complaint with the State Board, you should also file a dental malpractice claim. You will be entitled to recover your costs and additional damages for pain and suffering. You may also have a claim for fraud.

It is not required you use an attorney to pursue the claim, but it is strongly recommended. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.