LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Does this cost money? AZ, No, Yesterday I was out on our

Customer Question

Does this cost money?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: AZ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yesterday I was out on our sidewalk pulling dead leaves from my Aloes beside the sidewalk. Suddenly Mr. Allen Koning of CCVII Lot 259, 821 N.Placita La Canoa, Green Valley, AZ 85614 came barreling across the cul-de-sac and angrily foisted an envelope into my chest physically touching me. This was terrifying because he caught me completely by surprise. I am 4’11” and he is over 6’ and was wearing a “wife beater” jersey. He was clearly in a state of undeniable anger. I was shocked! I asked him what he was doing and I hurriedly walked out of his range of motion. He followed me yelling and forcibly thrust the envelope into my bosom. I leaped away and said, “What the hell are you doing?”
I want Mr. Koning to stay away from me and never ever touch me again.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You will need to petition the court for an Injunction Against Harassment against Mr. Koning. The first step is to call the police and report the fact that he assaulted you and battered you yesterday so a police report is made.

Then you will need to go to the local court in your county and speak with the court clerk there. They will give you paperwork to fill out to ask the court for the Injunction. The form will look something like this one, from Tucson: https://www.tucsonaz.gov/files/courts/PO_General_Petition.pdf

After you finish the paperwork and turn it back in to the clerk, the clerk will set a time for you to meet with a judge and the judge can approve the Temporary Injunction. After the judge grants the injunction, a member of the clerk’s staff will complete the paperwork for you. The defendant, Mr. Koning, must be served with the injunction before it becomes effective. Court staff will explain how to have the defendant served. A service fee will be charged, and once an order has been served, it will be in effect for twelve (12) months. It is important to keep a copy of the injunction with you at all times.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

In follow-up, here is a link to the Pima County site that refers to these Injunctions: http://webcms.pima.gov/cms/one.aspx?pageId=129914

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug