Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am in need of advice. I have a partnership loan for land

Customer Question
I am in need of...
I am in need of advice. I have a partnership loan for land with my mother in law. She has rented a mobile home on the property. To my knowledge, there has not been a contract/lease agreement between she and the tenant. Only a verbal agreement was reached that she get all the rental $. Is there any way I can have the tenant move out or sign an agreement with me? She didn't ask if this would be something I could agree to in the first place, as we have a difficult relationship of late.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: VA and 1980?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: How do you mean?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: For now, no.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2016
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. To clarify, you own the land, correct? And your mother rents it from you and has a sub-tenant in the mobile home. Correct?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
She and I purchased the land/loan together. She rented the mobile home, without consulting me, thinking she was going to move out of state.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am just trying this online out, and wondered how I would be charged more. Thank you for your few minutes anyway.

What do you mean charged more? Sorry, experts are not in charge of billing, but you can contact customer service at www.justanswer.com/help - they are very friendly.

If you wish to continue, let me know.

Tina, Lawyer