How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have California court judgment against a person who lives

Customer Question

I have California court judgment against a person who lives in Missouri now. I am going to convert California court judgment into Missouri court judgment since California and Missouri are sister states. In Missouri, can I lien court judgment against this person's property own by him and his wife?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 12 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 12 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Yes - once you get your "sister state judgment" entered in Missouri, you can record a judgment lien against any of the property that the debtor has an interest in.

  • (You do not automatically get a lien interest against property owned separately by their spouse - so if you have a judgment against Husband, and Wife owns property separately, you would not get a lien against her property unless you can show that she received the money in what we call a "fraudulent transfer" (requiring another court process)).

Here is the operative MO Code Section:, but you can get forms and other information on enforcement of your Missouri judgment from the court self help desk, or local law library.