How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have some things on my medical record that I would like to

Customer Question

I have some things on my medical record that I would like to expunge. Can you do that or how does that work. Like eating disorder I had in the past. And past suicide attempt do to hard times at that time.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?
Customer: It's in my past medical record that I attempted suicide once in my lifetime do to depression. How do I get this off my medical record
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: When I look it up under UW my chart it shows up.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just how to expunge a few things off medical records
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

While you cannot "expunge" information from your medical record, their are rights that you do have with regard to your medical record (including limitations on who is able to view your psychiatric medical records - which are dealt with separately from your other health records and information).

If you provide me with the state where you are living (or where your records are from), I can provide you with an extremely helpful packet that gives you information and resources to both understand your rights with medical records, to request them, to file addendums or corrections, and how to file disputes if there are errors. (But the information is best provided if you can give me a specific state).

Related Legal Questions