How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 26800
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is an inmate in Gwinn.Co. Jail had an abscessed tooth

Customer Question

My son is an inmate in Gwinn.Co. Jail had an abscessed tooth their dentist attempted to pull it broke in off raised it out of socket & left it & prescribed Ibuprofen for pain,he also has hap C is havind bad joint pain & his liver is dying daily.tjhjje half extracted tooth is my problem I
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I tried to call medical today but had to leave a msg just like many times before I even tried to call the Sheriff but was denied
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a 73 yr old widow on social sceurity which means I don'have money
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

Who is the lawyer who represented your son on the case for which he's presently in jail? Contact that lawyer. You're not going to get anywhere calling the jail. Family and loved ones of defendants almost never do. But his lawyer can get his matter back before the judge who can order further medical attention for him.

He has the right to adequate medical treatment and the failure of the prison to provide it is a civil rights violation. So sometimes just involving a lawyer who can put the prison on notice that they are risking a law suit can get the inmate seen as well.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.