How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 37818
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a call from my back because I made large cash

Customer Question

Hi There, I received a call from my back because I made large cash deposits. I sold a truck and was paid in mostly cash. What should I do now. Thank you ,Jim
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon Jim,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

You don't have any worries! Depositing more than $10,000 in cash in one transaction, or more than $10,000 in several close-in-time individual deposits creates a situation where the bank, and the IRS, will look at the deposit in an effort to rule out money laundering.

It is perfectly legal for you to have large cash sums if you can prove where the money came from. If the bank questions the deposit, or the IRS questions it, you merely will need to show them the bill of sale form your truck sale as evidence of the transaction and the reason why you had the cash to deposit.

You don't need to do anything other than insure that you have the bill of sale and proof that you transferred title to the truck and you will be golden.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.


Is there anything else I can assist you with today?


Related Legal Questions