How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33055
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husbands ex mistress has been harassing me for the last 3

Customer Question

My husbands ex mistress has been harassing me for the last 3 years. As of now we are back together but she has called me constantly even when my mother was dying at the hospital. She's also sent me pictures n has done this to my children n grandchildren n also my niece. She puts things in topics everyday which I have erased but now she is sending her daughter into my work place n then calling the corporate managers n saying I jumped on her trying to get me fired n she's also started going to my daughter in laws place of business which we walk off trying to avoid her but she lies n calls the main managers n says we're doing things to her. I really don't have any proof except for th witnesses where I work that I didn't do anything but if she keeps on she could cause me to lose my job. Do I have a chance of getting a no contact order or do I just have to keep putting up with this. I need help as I'm in my last nerve because I've stayed quiet long enough.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Good morning. I am Loren, a licnesed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
TN has anti stalking and harassment laws. Stalking is defined by Tennessee law as willful conduct involving repeated harassment of someone that causes them to feel terrorized, frightened, intimidated, threatened, harassed or molested.Typically stalking is charged as a Class A misdemeanor and is punishable by up to 1 year in jail and fines up to $2,500. However, in some situations, stalking is a felony offense.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Harrassment is also defined under the law. This woman and her daughter may be facing this serious conviction if they intentionally:Threaten to take illegal action against someone and by doing so place them in fear or annoys them;
Place harassing phone calls to someone and the calls cause fear or annoyance; or
Tell someone that a relative or other person has been injured or killed when you know this to be untrue.
Typically, harassment is a Class A misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail and fines up to $2,500.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
first let her know that if this does not stop you will be filing charges against both her AND her daughter.
If it does not stop then contact the police to file charges and also get a restraining order.
What you describe is definitely actionable and you have every right to seek legal protection from this woman and any agents she enlists on her behalf.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
If you have further questions, I am happy to continue. Otherwise, If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am compensated by JustAnswer for assisting you.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
Ignore the part about her daughter. I just realized I misread part of your question and thought she was sending her daughter to harrass you.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
You can also retain local counsel and have them send her a letter threatening a lawsuit and other civil action, as well. The letter, alone, on attorney letterhead, may frighten her into stopping.
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.
If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise: is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.