How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been married since 1999. I feel ashamed to tell you

Customer Question

I have been married since 1999. I feel ashamed to tell you this but his drinking got worse with time. I'm a veteran. Moved to Texas and started life over again, yes with the spouse. My house is under my name via a VA loan. I am being bullied and threatened that he will get half of everything if I divorce him.With his drinking his employment is sporadic. I really don't want to stay in this situation anymore. I would like him out of the house so I can be @ peace. I know I will be divorcing him. My big concern is my home and retirement.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: what do you mean.
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: What confuses me is my hard work to achieve what I have and scared of what he is entitled to.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was hoping not to bring up the past. He will be very difficult. He has a strong bullying personality. His memory is warped from the etoh. I am a nurse and did a stupid thins to get involved with this person.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is this a scam sir
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago. sure you are are claiming this...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to know my legal rights to my house that is under my name and my retirement funds under my name. I have worked long hours to achieve this �� the unmotivated etoh indulging person living under my roof and taking advantage. Yes he is my spouse but not for long
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

I reviewed your submission and could not divine a clear question...

It's very hard or us to answer a question like "what are my rights" and provide you with helpful information. I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what do I do", "what are my rights", or "what are my options", we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

So no...not a scam...but if you can narrow down your focus it may help me or others provide you helpful information...are you asking the process to obtain a divorce?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you sir. This was a bad idea on my part. Thank you
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

No worries. I sent an offer for a phone call...perhaps that would be easier to get the information you are looking for...