Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My wife's mom who died 12 years ago took a loan from family

Customer Question

My wife's mom who died 12 years ago took a loan from family friend and my wife also took a loan to buy a car possible for something else not sure recently the family friend put a lean on the house as home is paid off,did he have a right to place a lean against her,and what her late mother owed,she has made payments every single month for many years even back before her mom passed away
Expert:  legalgems replied 10 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

To be clear, the lien was put on the house owned by the person who borrowed the money, correct? Also did they have a court judgment?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was my wife's late mom borrowed first died 12 years ago,wife borrowed money for car from same Falkland friend believe it was just typed up.ps when I saw your site it say it costs 5.00 agpfter answer an additional 1.00 I got email showing 5.00 but below shows a nectar 31.00 that's not what your site showed as if it's for membership I don't want it,SEVERLY upset with getting two fpdifferent prices esp 30.00 more then showed on origional. Site if they charged me for membership cancel it and I feel I should get the extra 30.00 I was charged as that's not the charge that was advertised

I'm an individual contributor on the site so I don't have access to your information. I will send it to the moderators so they can assist you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm still SEVERLY upset site said initial 5.00 charge and after answer 1.00 extra 31.00 not just the 1.00 it showed on site I want a refund of 30.00 as that over charge isn't what it showed on site when I first looked