Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need to write a body attachment for the judge to sign. How

Customer Question
I do that? JA: Because laws...
I need to write a body attachment for the judge to sign. How I do that?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arkansas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes the judge ordered a body attachment if the amount was not paid in 10 days. It's past 10 days. Took paperwork to sheriff office they said they need body attachment
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2016
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I need to know how to write a body attachment for the judge to sihn

I am going to provide samples for you and assist you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Great. Thank you

I am finding forms for everywhere but Arkansas. Let me see what I can put together.

This is what they look like and I determined to find an Arkansas form. Is this a civil matter? http://www.formsworkflow.com/d7212.aspx

https://circuitclerk.nashville.gov/sessions/forms/formses_bodyattachment.pdf

When you get fid the form you create a form.

A writ of body attachment is a process issued by the court directing the authorities to bring a person who has been found in civil contempt before the court. The process may also be called an order of commitment for civil contempt or a warrant for civil arrest.

A writ of body attachment may be ordered, for example, when a witness fails to appear in response to a subpoena. It is often issued after a court-ordered fine or forfeiture has not been paid. Body attachments may be issued in contempt, civil, or criminal proceedings.

IN THE COUNTY COURT ____________

IN AND FOR __________ COUNTY, ARKANSAS

CIVIL DIVISION

CASE NO.:

_______________________________,

Plaintiff,

vs.

_______________________________,

Defendant.

____________________________________/

TO ALL AND SINGULAR SHERIFF’S

FOR THE STATE OF ARKANSAS:

WRIT OF BODILY ATTACHMENT

THIS CAUSE came before this Court on ____________________, 20__ on a Hearing to Show Cause why Defendant should not be held in contempt for Defendant’s failure to appear as required by the Court’s Order to Show Cause docketed on _____________________, 20__ of which Defendant was noticed and served, and Defendant’s failure to _________________. Plaintiff appeared, but Defendant did not appear. This Court has reviewed the court file and is otherwise fully advised in the premises. Based on the foregoing, it is ORDERED AND ADJUDGED as follows:

1. This Court finds that Defendant, ________________________________, is in willful contempt of court for failure to comply with this Court’s Order to Show Cause. The following facts support a finding of Contempt:

_______________________________________________________________________

2. This Court orders that the Sheriff take the Defendant into custody, if found in the State of Arkansas.

3. This Court further orders that the Sheriff hold Defendant in safe keeping, and produce Defendant before a first appearance judge within 24 hours of Defendant’s detention, so that the first appearance judge may order the ____________________ Sheriff’s Office to produce Defendant to this Court on the following business day or, if the following business day is a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, on the next business day following, whereby Defendant shall be provided an opportunity to comply with this Court’s Order to Show Cause and otherwise purge himself/herself of Contempt.

4. This Court further orders that the __________ Sheriff’s Office shall notify this Court of the Defendant’s detention and the execution of this Writ no later than 4:00 p.m. the day after the Defendant is first detained or, if the day of initial detention is a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, on the next business day following.

5. The descriptive information for Defendant is a follows:

Home address of Defendant:

Work address of Defendant:

Telephone Number:

Race:

Sex:

Date of Birth:

SS#:

Eyes:

Hair:

Height:

Weight:

DONE AND ORDERED at _____________, _______________County, Arkansas on this ____ day of _______________________, 20__.

__________________________

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my time and work I would appreciate it.

Do you have any additional questions for me? I am not sure if you aware that the site does not provide credit to the Attorneys for their time and work if the customer does not rate them positively. Thank you for your consideration.

I am not sure if you aware that the site does not provide credit to the Attorneys for their time and work if the customer does not rate them positively. Thank you for your consideration.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO PROVIDE A NEGATIVE RATING TO RECEIVE A REFUND.

Did you receive the samples? Do you have any additional questions for me?

Attorney2
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney