Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My husband has been cheating on me with prostutes over 5

Customer Question
years. I have made him...
My husband has been cheating on me with prostutes over 5 years. I have made him move out, but I have very little income, can I get any legal help free, but I plan to pursue alimony. Jan Manganelli
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2016
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through, as I know this is hard.

You can apply for and obtain free legal representation through South Carolina Legal Services and I have provided a link below, with their contact information.

http://www.sclegal.org/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought this was a free service

I am sorry but the site does not provide representation or any free service. There is a fee for it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still on here??

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't be on phone talking right now, so can you give me the answers to my question

Yes, my pleasure.

You can apply for and obtain free legal representation through South Carolina Legal Services and I have provided a link below, with their contact information.http://www.sclegal.org/
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
paying a 36.00 fee

Do you have another question? You asked about where to obtain free legal help and representation in SC and I shared with you above, how that can be done

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You mean that what I just paid for??

Can you share with me what other questions you may have about your situation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
married over 18 years, no children involved would this be grounds for alimony. I know I can get it in 90 days.

Yes, it could. In making an award of alimony or separate maintenance and support, the court must consider and give weight in such proportion as it finds appropriate to all of the following factors:

(1) the duration of the marriage together with the ages of the parties at the time of the marriage and at the time of the divorce or separate maintenance action between the parties;

(2) the physical and emotional condition of each spouse;

(3) the educational background of each spouse, together with need of each spouse for additional training or education in order to achieve that spouse's income potential;

(4) the employment history and earning potential of each spouse;

(5) the standard of living established during the marriage;

(6) the current and reasonably anticipated earnings of both spouses;

(7) the current and reasonably anticipated expenses and needs of both spouses;

(8) the marital and nonmarital properties of the parties, including those apportioned to him or her in the divorce or separate maintenance action;

(9) custody of the children, particularly where conditions or circumstances render it appropriate that the custodian not be required to seek employment outside the home, or where the employment must be of a limited nature;

(10) marital misconduct or fault of either or both parties, whether or not used as a basis for a divorce or separate maintenance decree if the misconduct affects or has affected the economic circumstances of the parties, or contributed to the breakup of the marriage, except that no evidence of personal conduct which may otherwise be relevant and material for the purpose of this subsection may be considered with regard to this subsection if the conduct took place subsequent to the happening of the earliest of (a) the formal signing of a written property or marital settlement agreement or (b) entry of a permanent order of separate maintenance and support or of a permanent order approving a property or marital settlement agreement between the parties;

(11) the tax consequences to each party as a result of the particular form of support awarded;

(12) the existence and extent of any support obligation from a prior marriage or for any other reason of either party; and

(13) such other factors the court considers relevant.

As such, you want to meet and show these things to support the request.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What does a divorce cost

You mean the filing fees? What county do you reside in?

Are you still with me?

Tina, Lawyer