Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

My room mate has abandoned a pick up truck and trailer on

Customer Question

My room mate has abandoned a pick up truck and trailer on the property I rent. My landlord has asked us to remove it. I have repeatly asked my room mate to remove the truck and trailer. He states that he will but never shows up. My room mate has not slept at this residence in almost a month. Can I legally remove his truck and trailer from this property?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 12 months ago.

Technically, you have the legal right to control what occurs on the premises that you are renting. If you remove the truck and trailer, you have the obligation to do it in such a manner that it will not be lost, damaged or destroyed. I can't tell you exactly what to do with it, because I don't know enough of the facts. Generally speaking, if the presence of the truck and trailer can be called a violation of the terms of your lease, then yes, you have the legal right to remove it.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Hello again. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.