Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Texas STATE law under Art. 62.052() Registration

Customer Question
Texas STATE law under Art...
Texas STATE law under Art. 62.052(b) Registration requirements of extrajuridictional Registrants, says that once the requirements for registration of the controlling State have expired, the Registrant is no longer subject to registration in Texas. DOES that mean that if the controlling STATE never required registration (California Wobbled Law) that moving to Texas should not pose a legal issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
9/25/2016
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If a person who is not required to register in CA moves to another state, they do not have to register in the new state they move to. So, if you are not required to register in CA, you are legally not subject to registration in Texas.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney